Monday, 3 January 2011

Happy New Year!


Happy new year! I wrote a grand total of 4 blog posts in 2010. New year's resolution: to write more posts in 2011. This is part of a larger new year's resolution: to get a better work-life balance in 2011. I probably invested myself too much in my work life in 2010, and this year I will try to do more of what I want to do. Which firstly means getting a new job... as I don't want my work-life balance to shift too much in the opposite direction this year. However, I feel a cautious optimism for 2011, a year full of new beginnings, new possibilities, friends, family and cupcakes!

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year and good luck with the job hunt! Nice to see that there's still more snow in England than in Ottawa at the moment. In fact, to my surprise in Quebec City yesterday, on a partially frozen river near my mother-in-law's place, there were tons of ducks. Technically they aren't supposed to be there at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @PJ - Thanks, and Happy New Year to you too! This picture was taken last week, the snow has since melted although there was some falling today. There were strange things going on with birds yesterday:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12106315

    @Frankofile - Thanks, I hope I keep the optimism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again :)

    I know it's been a billion years since I basically fell of the face of the blogging earth, but I'm glad to see you're still around. I made a similar resolution for 2011--I hope we can both keep it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi stranger! :)

    Nice to see you're still blogging too, I will come by and visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your link on some other blog. Your New Year's wish reminds me that it's time to take stock of the resolutions I made. And your post reminds me that I've been meaning to make some cupcakes! Today is the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, thanks for your comment. I think you came via my husband's blog. Your message reminds me that it is time for me to revisit my resolutions, as I haven't blogged in two months! Have fun making cupcakes :-)

    ReplyDelete