Sunday, 30 November 2008

First Christmas


Since we have been together, Veggie Hubby and I have spent four Christmases on different sides of the Atlantic ocean. Every Christmas, he would ring me at 9am in the morning (3am his time) to wish me Happy Christmas! Last Christmas was the first we spent together. However, we didn't have the chance to get our own decorations because we didn't even have a home - in the month running up to Christmas we were living in B&Bs (the thought brings back bad memories!). We had only been living our flat for 10 days, and barely had the chance to even unpack, let alone think about getting decorations, when we left England to go to Canada for Christmas.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is that this Christmas is our first opportunity to buy a tree and decorations. We spent this weekend getting some, which was fun! Here are some of our new decorations. So perhaps we are slightly early in putting up our tree, but we wanted to make the most of spending Christmas together. We can really appreciate it, unlike last year when we couldn't, as were living in someone else's house, and only had one small decoration.

7 comments:

  1. And a very happy Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The decorations are beautiful... it's never too early to put a tree, I say! haha!!

    I remember how excited I was to decorate our apartment our first Christmas we had it... it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first Christmas in your own home is wonderful, can't ever be forgotten. You go ahead and revel in the fact you've begun it all so early and enjoy every minute. Lovely angel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments. Today I started decorating my desk at work, so I might put some pictures of my festive desk here soon...

    Frankofile - Thanks!

    Shop Girl - Thanks. It's really exciting to be able to decorate your own place!! Have you put up your decorations yet?

    French Fancy - Glad you like the angel :-) I will defintely revel in it, and enjoy every minute. It is one of those special "firsts" like you blogged about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's an award for you over at my place. Only pick it up if you want to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly, no... we opted to not put them up this year. *sigh* It's just been too busy and I didn't have the day it takes to put up the tree, etc. It's just been too busy with school and my sister's wedding!

    I am listening to Christmas music like mad though, and the baking begins today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That`s a shame about your Christmas decorations... hopefully you will go home for Christmas where there will be some!

    ReplyDelete