Saturday, 23 May 2009

Summer

Well it's officially the start of my week-long holidays. The week will just fly by, I know it, but it's good to be able to take nine days off work in a row, when I only need to use three days of my annual leave allowance to do so. I think I have chosen a good week to take off, as it's sunny. Today was the hottest day of the year so far. Our little flat gets so hot (being on the top floor) that we have to keep the heating off, and the windows open, yet it's still like an oven.

Perhaps it's the start of the hot summer that the weather forcasters are promising. Unlike the miserable 'summers' of 2007 and 2008, it is really looking like we will have a proper summer this year. Summer 2009 will be a time for summery walks, food and drinks. A time for summer balls, long sunny evenings, weddings, dresses, barbeques, picnics and holidays. Perfect. As you can probably tell, I love the summer, it's my favourite season of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment