Tuesday, 27 July 2010

Lake District


Text Colour

































I haven't blogged since I was 'marooned in Montreal' and a lot has happened since then. I travelled around the country -Manchester, Reading, Newcastle, London, Nottingham (all for work) and my favourite by far - the lovely Lake District. We saw lots of sheep, water, mountains, museums and plays, and ate delicious cream teas.

The Lake District is so beautiful (we stayed in Keswick) and I really want to go back. There are so many fantastic places to visit in England, I love it here!

5 comments:

  1. That looks like a delightfully 'chef-y' cream tea - how stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Lakes and have had a couple of holidays around Ambleside and Windermere over the years. I'm glad you are posting again, Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadako - Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you like the pics, the Lake District is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might want to check out the Poetic Death series by Diana Killian, if you can find them (they're out of print now). Not just because they're set in the Lake District but because Diana's one of those darn foreigners with their tricky ways who lead good men away from Montreal. You know the type...

    (And yes, she now knows there are no hummingbirds in England -- forgive her, she's Californian).

    ReplyDelete