Saturday, 15 March 2008

Another Veggie Carrie...

I just googled Veggie Carrie, and realised that I am not the only Veggie Carrie in town. There is another, famous Veggie Carrie that I didn't think about, Carrie Underwood, winner of American Idol 4 (2005). She has also won PETA's Sexiest Vegetarian twice; in 2005 and in 2007.

I had completely forgotten about her, as country music isn't big here like it is in the US, so (as far as I am aware) she hasn't broken into the UK market. Also, I never even realised that she was a vegetarian in the first place. She isn't quite as I remember her on American Idol; now she looks more like a barbie-doll, and less like the girl-next-door (not that I ever watched American Idol much, but it can sometimes be hard to avoid). It is amazing how some of these reality TV stars suddenly start looking all glamorous, polished and professional as they move away from their humble roots; it is difficult to believe that they once started off on reality TV. Anyway, I'm listening to some of Carrie Underwood's songs as I'm typing this. I think they're nice enough in a bland way, but not particularly memorable. Nevertheless, I like her, as she is a vegetarian named Carrie, reason enough?

2 comments:

  1. Her version of I'll Stand By You is probably my favourite of all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just listened to it on You Tube & agree that it is good, especially for such a covered song. I hadn't heard of it before, as I don't really know much about her/haven't listened to her music.

    ReplyDelete