Friday, 9 May 2008

Cinderella

I'm going to become a Godmother on Sunday. I had my outfit all ready, and assumed I had my shoes somewhere in storage here. However, this morning, I wondered... are they actually here? I couldn't remember seeing them, and thought they must be with my parents in France. As I drove off to work, Veggie Hubby started looking for them and sent me the following email at 9am.

" Sorry can't find your shoes. I will look more, but if we can't find them I suggest you either 1)quickly buy a pair in M&S 2) We buy one this evening, at Asda or the shoe store in High Street. 3) If you give me your shoe size, I can go there this afternoon and buy you a pair (white or pink). If they don't fit, I'll give them back on Monday. "

I found it quite funny that my husband offered to buy me shoes. The lady who sits next to me she said she would never let her husband buy her shoes, as he would probably buy her something really unsuitable like boots. I wasn't sure if VH could find me anything appropriate, so I went to the shops at lunchtime, literally racing around, to be there and back in an hour, trying to find some shoes that would match my dress, and also a Christening present (as I won't get much chance to shop tomorrow as I'll be travelling there). I came back to the office with only my lunch. I couldn't find any shoes that were remotely possible, except one pair of white shoes that weren't particularly attractive but a) they didn't have my size b) a very old lady was also looking at them and commented that they were very nice, which kind of put me off. I find it very difficult to find shoes in general, let alone under an hour, that is a challenge too far.

When I got home guess what? As soon as I got in the front door, Veggie Hubby noticed a carrier bag he hadn't noticed before, and they were slightly squahsed but in there :-) Thank goodness neither of us had bought a new pair. VH did buy two cards though, one for my goddaughter-to-be, and one for me, 'On your goddaughter's Christening day.' I don't know whether he could have chosen good shoes, but he certainly found great cards. I'm just lacking a Christening present now, but I'm not too worried about that, buying a photo frame/album isn't as difficult as buying shoes.

Here are the shoes in question... I am slightly embarrassed the 'George' logo is visable, but I like sandles that have a strap around my ankle, or else they just feel like they will fall off.


P.S. This post demonstrates that I am very disorganised and last minute , and also that my flat is on the messy side...
P.P.S. I am really looking forward to the Christening and becoming a godmother. The weather is so hot these days, it will be perfect.
P.P.P.S. This post is for you, Shop Girl*

4 comments:

  1. haha YAY!!!!!!!

    I was JUST about to comment about how excited I was about this shoe post and then I saw your little note at the bottom. :)

    I quite like your little sandals!! I actually don't own any pink strappy sandals (yet) and don't ever be ashamed of a logo! I'm a bargain shopper! haha! I'm glad you found them... although I think it would have been really interesting to see what VH would have picked out... I'm tempted to send the Hubster out on a shoe finding mission to see how well he really knows me... haha j/k

    Congrats on becoming a Godmother!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would it put you off the pink shoes if I said I like them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice shoes....hot pink. What colour was the dress you wore?
    Do you think VH would have gotten remotely appropriate shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shop Girl- Yes, that would be a fun mission, lol!...Even if the shoes were returned to the shop afterwards. I think you (or The Hubster on your behalf!) should get some new shoes and post about them.

    Frankofile- no, you aren't
    remotely that old yet. Glad you like them.

    Anonymous- Thanks, I wore a pale pink, green and white dress. Knowing VH's taste in clothes, I doubt that what he could have found would have been remotely appropriate, but I'm now curious to find out.

    ReplyDelete