Thursday, 26 June 2008

Update

Hello everyone, just thought i'd update you all, have been away from blogging for a while as i am expecting some guests (the in laws) any moment from abroad. Also the weather has been so nice for the last few weeks, i have been going out and enjoying the sunshine. I met alot of new people too, i think its much easier to make friends when you have a small baby, like i randomly was chatting to a lady in the park who also had a small girl. She turned out to be a clinical child psychologist and I made a potentially useful contact!! The other day we were walking by the riverfront outside the apartment and i met another mum and baby and she lives 2 floors above me!! We subsequently went to a mother and baby group together which was fun, her baby by the way is 22 pounds at only 7mnths! I could hardly lift her she was so chubby- but cute!! Also we went to a BBQ by one of Dentist Hubby's colleagues, it was alot of fun, I have never been to a work-do like that before and it was nice. I feel i am missing out a bit though now, on the whole contacts, and meetings and academic get togethers and things you share when you are working. (Like the other day Dentist Hubby drove a carful of his colleagues over to Haymarket for a huge conference event, and it sounds like they all had a fun roadtrip and day, filled with presentations, and yummy lunch, and generally a memorable event.)
For the bbq I took along a huge tray of lemon meringue cupcakes and coconut cupcakes, and everyone loved them- they were all finished very fast! So i finally know what other people think they taste like now!
x

1 comment:

  1. Food and children are great ice-breakers with other people, aren't they? And networking is clearly a skill you can practise now - the word sounds a little calculating, but networks of people are a fantastic asset.

    ReplyDelete