Monday, 3 March 2008

Procrastination

Perhaps I spend too much time procrastinating when I should be doing other, more important things. Perhaps blogging is procrastination. In psychological terms, it is a displacement activity, something to do when you really ought to be doing something else. I should be preparing for an interview, but instead I am blogging.

The results of my poll so far are interesting, it seems that people are more interested to read about everyday events, and would prefer to read a blog that is like an online diary, rather than one that is more abstract/less personal. It also highlights that people prefer to read postive comments on a blog, and that complaints are not so enjoyable to read about. I have a few exciting things to look forward to this week, I am meeting up with a friend & her baby who I haven't seen for a while, and also will buy some cookery equipment so I can do some baking, can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. I've put up a whiteboard and written a list of tasks on it. Now I procrastinate about writing up the whiteboard, let alone doing the tasks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so your new banner is making wish I hadn't given up sweet for fake lent. I am crazing chocolate SO BAD right now. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry :-) It was my wedding dessert, the richest thing I have ever tasted, I couldn't even finish it all and that is saying something! I did try my wedding flowers as a banner but they didn't look right. Will see if I can find something else as I don't want the blog to cause chocolate cravings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha... don't be silly! If you like it, keep it up! It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete