Wednesday, 15 October 2008

Trip to Dubai!

I have been holidaying in Dubai for the last 2 weeks! I have been there before, and this was my 4th time there as I have 3 brothers-in-law there. Here is a sort of picture diary, I will have to show you in installments as there are loads!!!..... We flew by Emirates and CutyBaby received a cute little bunny toy, the flight was at 9 so she fell asleep, unfortunatly i was really uncomfortable, the noise and lack of room meant i really couldn't sleep urg! We travelled by taxi to my brother in laws place, this is the view from our balcony...

It was amazing,like seeing a moving photo every morning, so many cars and activity, it was alive. The weather was also very hot and bright, in fact going out in the day is usually avoided unless you have a proper car and a proper air conditioned destination! This makes outdoor locations like parks a no go area, however we discovered everyone compromises by going out in the afternoons. We went to a park in the evening, it was totally dark but the park was filled with kids and families having picnics!


There was an animals enclosure with loads of animals all put together... It was so different to over here, we certainly would not venture into any park after dark and nor would it be safe over here.












On one day we drove 2hrs to Abu Dhabi, I found this resembled America in many ways. We went to Sheikh Zayed Mosque, and apparently this was built for Sheikh Zayed who is buried here, by his son. This was architecturally the most beautiful building i have ever seen, it looked like a palace, white marble walls, engraving of flowers all through pillars which on closer inspection are actually flowers inlaid with real precious gemstones, the thickest plushest carpet you have ever seen, amazing ceiling designs, water fountains, the largest chandelier, it was calm, serene and stunning.

1 comment:

  1. Fab pix, Ms Cocoa. I have a feeling we'll all know more about Dubai in years to come, with all the lavish building going on there.

    ReplyDelete