I had a good day today, here are some reasons why....
1) Obama (obviously). After 8 years of "W" Bush, at last Americans have seen sense.
2) There are new Christmas drinks in Starbucks, and an absolutely delicious one - dark cherry mocha, mmmm. I couldn't resist it at lunchtime today. It doesn't take much to make me happy.
3) I had far too much work, which has been really stressful, but my concerns have been taken seriously and some of it was taken off me this afternoon and given to someone else.
4) It is Wednesday, but I only have one more day left of the week as I am taking Friday off. I can't wait, as I haven't had a day off in two months and am going to see "The Sound of Music" in the West End, and to a vegetarian American-style diner restaurant. I also am looking to cooking for some friends on Saturday.
5) I am going to the pub tomorrow for a birthday lunch with my lovely colleagues.
6) We have been waiting a month for some keys to arrive from my father-in-law. I was convinced that they had got lost in the post, but they eventually arrived this morning. This means that we have somewhere to stay in Montreal at Christmas. :-)
Is that enough reasons to smile for one day?
I think that is more than enough reasons to smile :)
ReplyDeleteI love the sound of the cherry mocha.
2 google 'Starbucks helped brew meltdown'
ReplyDeleteLists of good things are a morale booster, aren' they?
You have somewhere to stay in Montreal before Christmas (or after). I know for a fact that Veggie Hubby would never spend Christmas outside Chicoutimi (unless he was in Europe...). Likewise, I would not spend Xmas in any place where the empirical probability of a white Christmas is less than 1.
ReplyDelete7) Three comments within one hour of blogging.
ReplyDeleteJules - I would definitely recemmend the cherry mocha, it tasted even better than I expected.
Frankofile - I agree that lists are satisfying, but you can't blame Starbucks for the economic crisis!
PJ - Yes, you're right, we need the keys for before or after Christmas, as we will be spending the day itself in snowy Chicoutimi. I'm not even sure if Veggie Hubby could be persuaded to spend Christmas over here.
That does sound like you're having a good week thus far!! I was also SO excited about the election... everyone is completely Obama-crazy over here right now. haha!
ReplyDelete....and Happy Birthday to you...enjoy and celebrate (great that your workload has been relieved somewhat).
ReplyDeleteShop Girl- I think the world must be Obama-crazy right now... roll on January 20th!!
ReplyDeleteAnonymous- Thanks for your birthday wishes. I had a great day, no work and lots of celebrations :-)
was it a Singalonga Sound of Music? I knew someone who once went as one of the 'Raindrops' (on roses and whispers etc etc)
ReplyDeleteof course that should have read 'whiskers' doh! (unless it was a kitten with a secret)
ReplyDeleteNice to see you French Fancy. It wasn't a singalong Sound of Music, but I was singing along to myself. How would one dress as a raindrop?
ReplyDelete