Sunday, 20 April 2008
Dating Veggie Hubby
Just came back from a date with Veggie Hubby (of course!). We went for a yummy meal at an Italian restaurant a few steps from home that I have always been very curious about. I don't think we've been for a proper date since we married, but think we should go out more often, as just because we're now married doesn't mean that we shouldn't date anymore, right? This was our first married date I believe (I don't think that going for the occasional drink or pub meal counts). I had a glass of white wine and am feeling a bit tipsy now.... Veggie Hubby is probably more tipsy than me as had he two drinks, but then he is more accustomed to drinking alcohol than me, as he appreciates it more. The main meal was ok, I had a mushroom ravioli (not many vegetarian options) and almost Veggie Hubby had veal with mushrooms. The waitress then brought out a large trolley filled with a tempting selection of absolutely delicious looking desserts. How could we could we resist? We shared a slice of delicious chocolate cake with cream, which was one of the best cakes I have tasted as it had chunks of chocolate in it mmmm. That was certainly the highlight of the meal. Overall the meal was quite over-priced I think, but definitely worth it once in a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You mean my bro ate mushrooms, really?
ReplyDeleteMmmm that sounds SO good. And I agree... dating while married is totally important! We try to have a 'date night' each week. It's just nice to have some time set aside to just be together. :)
ReplyDeleteC'étaient des champignons sauvages et ils étaient absoluments délicieux avec la sauce au vin et le veau. Je me suis réconcilié avec les champignons, mais il faut qu'ils soient bien apprêtés et je préfère les champignons sauvages.
ReplyDeletePJ- Yes he really did! Unbelievable I know, and even more unbelievable that he actually enjoyed them (they were very small).
ReplyDeleteShop Girl - Weekly date nights are a great idea, it's good that you make the time for that. I am not sure if VH and I can manage to have a weekly date... unless you count our weekly date with The Apprentice every Wednesday.