Wednesday, 23 April 2008

Weather

Oh how I have missed my blog! I admit I am getting too busy with my job, and feel exhausted when I get home eleven hours later, so my poor blog has been getting rather neglected.

Today is St. George's day, England's national day. Being English, we don't celebrate it or even get a holiday for it, it goes by sadly unnoticed. However, I will note it in one way, by talking about what British people do best... the weather. This morning, it was very rainy and miserable. It made my commute my longest yet (a colleague said the traffic gets much worse in the rain, as most parents drive their kids to school) - it took a staggering one and a quarter hours for 15 miles (24km). I was practically sitting in a traffic jam the whole way, how I hate commuting. There is an alternative route which has less traffic but it scares me as the roads are incredibly hilly and wild, when I go that way I feel like I am driving on a roller-coaster, but it is probably quicker. What do you think I should do: a) slow traffic jam route or b) scary hilly roads with less traffic?
Anyway, I digress... back to the weather. It got very sunny before long, you wouldn't have thought it was so rainy not so long beforehand. I am loving the summery weather, and especially the longer days.

It was also Veggie Hubby's birthday a few days ago, and he made this fantastic catastrophy cake! His catastrophy cakes are becoming quite a tradition. He makes one every birthday, be it mine or his and I just love them - they are so funny! They never turn out right, but their imperfection makes them perfect to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment