Yesterday, I was driving with my husband along a narrow, hilly, bendy country road at the national speed limit, when I noticed a car driving towards me on my side of the road. The car kept coming closer and closer to me with no sign of returning to the right side of the road (which is actually the left). I slowed right down and felt my heart in my throat if that makes sense! I could hardly breathe and don't think I have ever felt so scared driving. The idiot had decided to over-take the cars on his side of the road, but probably didn't realise that to over-take he would have to over-take four cars, not just one! He wouldn't have seen me at first, as I was on the other side of the hill when he started. He managed to over-take the cars just in time but only because I had practically stopped.
Tuesday, 19 February 2008
Why are some drivers totally clueless?
Yesterday, I was driving with my husband along a narrow, hilly, bendy country road at the national speed limit, when I noticed a car driving towards me on my side of the road. The car kept coming closer and closer to me with no sign of returning to the right side of the road (which is actually the left). I slowed right down and felt my heart in my throat if that makes sense! I could hardly breathe and don't think I have ever felt so scared driving. The idiot had decided to over-take the cars on his side of the road, but probably didn't realise that to over-take he would have to over-take four cars, not just one! He wouldn't have seen me at first, as I was on the other side of the hill when he started. He managed to over-take the cars just in time but only because I had practically stopped.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And was it a young man driving?
ReplyDeleteI think we were both too shocked, we didn't get a look, but it does sound like a young man!
ReplyDelete