I was looking at the Radio Times website and saw that at 9pm tonight there is a programme about the stuck-up inhabitants of Marlow who refuse to leave their cars at home. I shall be watching this with interest, and will replace the Radio Times review below with my own one later.
The Woman Who Stops Traffic
Edit: I just watched this programme. Marlow is a small town and one of the first things I noticed when I moved here in November was the shocking amount of traffic for somewhere so small. It is difficult to drive around, with cars parked everywhere even where they shouldn't be parked, and beeping each other constantly because they get impatient e.g. when someone else is parallel parking. Cars have to take it in turns to go down the roads, as there are cars parked on either side so there is only room for one car to drive down the middle. What shocked me most about this documentary is that people are so stubborn, and won't change their ways. This was filmed a year ago yet the problem hasn't reduced, and especially at the school rush hours the traffic is crazy. I no longer drive around Marlow, it isn't worth it, because as the documentary pointed out, it is just as quick to walk somewhere here as it is to drive.
No comments:
Post a Comment