Friday, 4 April 2008

Changes ahead

I am back home now... so long to my photo holiday diary from Brittany, and I will get back to my usual blogging... I have lots of things to sort out here, inlcluding finishing off Max the rabbit whose remains were happily waiting for me. :-)

Then, on Monday I am going to start my new job which is making me feel very....nervous. I don't know why, perhaps because I had a bad experience in my last job, or most likely because of all of the driving that I will have to do/worries I will get lost even finding my workplace. I think it is mainly fear of change. I have been used to working on part-time short-term contracts recently (and in 2008 not working at all!) and the thought of working in one job full-time scares me- what if I don't enjoy it? Well at least it will enable me to pay the rent and bills....

In a way though I am looking forward to it. As this job is so-called 'permanent' a rarity these days, it is potentially a career. I am also getting very very bored here without a job, having one gives life a sense of purpose. It will also enable me to do and buy things without using my savings and feeling guilty. Which means some nice new clothes, and maybe a honeymoon at last.

3 comments:

  1. Veggie Carrie:

    I know it is difficult but try not to be afraid of change....view it as an opportunity to try something new. If it works out, fine, if not, what have you truly lost except a bit of time? Every time I have viewed change with trpidation, I have been surprised by how well it turns out so that fear is a good thing, really. Best of luck to you and please keep your blog readers informed. What about Veggie Hubby, is he gainfully employed also?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for your kind words, I know that you are right... my new job will most likely turn out well. I think actually that my fears are probably irrational. Veggie Hubby is not currently employed, he lost his job recently in unfortunate circumstances. We tend to take it in turns being employed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always feel this way when I'm starting a new job... I have that feeling now just knowing I'm in need of one! I hope your first day goes wonderfully and that you are absolutely don't get lost! haha

    ReplyDelete